Linked Events

• 2024/06/22 Motor-In and Great Race cars: June 22, 2024Please login or register to sign up for this event.

Author Topic: 2024/06/22 Motor-In and Great Race cars  (Read 581 times)

Offline Dale Ballinger

• Dale & Sandy
  • QCC Club Officers
2024/06/22 Motor-In and Great Race cars
« about: May 15, 2024, 02:10:19 PM »

June 22 QCC Motor-In:

The "Great Race" cars are going to stop in Lawrenceburg, Indiana at the Doubletree Hotel along the Ohio River.  The antique cars are driving from Kentucky to Maine!  visit http://www.greatrace.com for more info.

Thanks to Debie Plumb, We are changing where QCC will meet on Saturday, June 22.  Please register on the QCC web calendar so we can update you with any further developing news regarding this lunch/event/motor-in. 

"I would suggest you go maybe a mile down the street to “4 Speed on 50s Diner”, 479 West Eads Parkway, Lawrenceburg, IN. It’s a retro diner built around love for automobiles. They have a small museum, gift shop, and gas station at their complex.  Their Facebook site is very active with cars that are to see, or be seen in as many car clubs parade on in.  It’s definitely been a “destination” for car lovers."

I love the idea!  I called them and they said they would be busy, which is good that folks like the food there. I told them 12 for 1:30 PM.  BUT SUBJECT TO CHANGE, rumor is they won't arrive until 5 ISH.  We may meet at 3:30 and meet and eat, and wait for the CARS.  They said they could fit us in, no reservations accepted, but they do have outdoor seating. (with good weather)   We may have to huddle up by our Minis for the (brief, like 9 minute?) Motor-In. Maybe bring chairs?

Car museum: Admissions General Admission: $7
Children 6 and under FREE
Veterans (with military ID) and individuals under 18: $5

We are proud to recognize the Lawrenceburg Speedway as the official sponsor of the 4Speed on 50 Cars and Coffee! Now happening every Saturday 8am-11am throughout the car season!

Still not sure when the Great Race cars will arrive.......so stay tuned......Thanks, President Dale
« Last Edit: Today at 05:30:19 PM by Dale Ballinger »

Re: 2024/06/22 Motor-In and Great Race cars
« Reply #1 about: May 15, 2024, 04:41:24 PM »
How do I register?
« Last Edit: Today at 05:24:31 PM by Dale Ballinger »

Offline Dale Ballinger

• Dale & Sandy
  • QCC Club Officers
Re: 2024/06/22 Motor-In and Great Race cars
« Reply #2 about: May 18, 2024, 10:07:34 AM »
Lisa, You just did, see ya there. Dale